Sunday 8 January 2017

New necromunda scaly - Blind Beggar Miniatures


It seems I just can't get my attention from those scavvies... well not that I'd complain really !
After posting the last mutants for the group, I was kindly given the opportunity to paint a copy of Barnacle Ben, the Scaled warrior from Bind Beggar Miniatures. I'm usually one to like being given such opportunities so after receiving it yesterday at noon. I immediately prepared, based and primed it.

I considered making him fit with my Rad mutants for a time being :


But in the end, the paint scheme for the scavvies was still fresh in my mind and as I was pointed out, scalies often go by pair.


Scale wise (see what I did here) Barnacle Ben is a perfect match and I'd even say his less OTT bulk and musculature make him easier to blend with other ranges. With the same paint job as his GW counterpart, they seem to be old buddies !


If you like the model, you could do far worse than check the ongoing (for a few days still) Kickstarter from Blind Beggar as there are many other cool models to check.

22 comments:

  1. That scaly looks like a mutant super ape with a sad tale to tell. He stares into the distance as the memories of his former life begin to catch up. Suddenly a bullet pings off a metal beam near his head and he snaps back to reality, letting rip with a ragged burst of fire from his machine gun, a single tear gathering in the corner of his all-too-human eye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a bit of sadness in those eyes for sure, hence why I've tried to make him look sideways as if he's fearing to have to use force again.

      Delete
    2. Oh man, that hit me right in the feels! :'(

      Delete
    3. Sniffle sniffle emotional stuff here this morning sniffle sniffle lol. Nice to see it finished up....it was fun watching you paint him yesterday. 😜 We might have to start doing that more.

      Delete
    4. Pretty fun with that guy and his undecipherable accent too ^^

      Delete
  2. He certainly looks more pensive than most scalies.

    They look good together. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well looking at them both side by side, the GW one looks like a youth when the older one looks like an elder or fr more experienced specimen.
      Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  3. Wow!
    That was fast and a very impressive paintjob so quickly too.
    I love the muted palette, very much what I had in mind for him.
    He looks wonderful, sir.
    Thanks for bringing out the best in him, JB.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're the an behind the sculpt so than you !
      Best thing for me is when a sculptor likes what I do with his work !

      Delete
  4. Oi! How'd you git dat? Lucky duck :P

    I just saw this on the KS page the other day. His a cool looking mini & non-specific enough to paint him up anyway you choose.

    Top job JB :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non specific yeah, he could have suited for more uses really, I like that.
      Cheers !

      Delete
  5. Cracking job mate, perfect fit for your scavs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, he's a pretty good addition indeed.

      Delete
  6. He's excellent! I do like the Blind Beggar minis, they're just dripping with character and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I completely agree with you, loads of character.

      Delete
  7. He fits in perfectly! Really like this sculpt - I may well see what the KS is all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another style more than a slavish copy of something already available and I like that. It provides a good alternative.
      Thanks !

      Delete
  8. God I love those Rad Mutants. They way you painted them is so original and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rad mutants were a fun project I might get back to at some point. ;)
      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...